| Title: Financial Account (fixed term)|| |
| Doc. no.||E17/21248|| Review date||
| Role no.||
| Role type||
EA|| Role profile||
Applications close 9am, Monday 25 February
Apply on Seek
Proactively partnering with stakeholders to provide timely and relevant information and seek opportunities to continually improve service delivery. Working collaboratively with the finance team to support both the financial accounting and reporting teams to ensure that both internal and external monthly/yearly reporting deadlines are met.
This Role Reports to the Senior Financial Accountant.
All roles at NQBP are accountable to:
- Contribute fully to the long term sustainable development and success of NQBP
- Act with integrity and honesty, upholding the NQBP Values and professional image of NQBP
- Foster relationships, support a team culture, promote knowledge and skill sharing and appreciate diversity
- At all times adhere to the obligations required under NQBP’s policies, including environment and safety policies and relevant legislation.
Your core role accountabilities are:
- Supporting the Senior Business Analyst with business analysis tasks that include facilitating workshops, documenting detailed functional requirements, business benefits and change impacts, process mapping, data analysis and interpretation, research tasks, documenting discussions and key outcomes and writing key project documents (Test Plan, Change Management Plan, Benefits Realisation Plan).
- Collecting, processing, recording, reconciling and reporting financial data, verifying the validity, completeness and accuracy of source documentation for the finance department
- Assisting the Finance team by reviewing and analysing transactions and results to provide insightful support and advice to managers
- Reviewing and preparing monthly instalment income and critically analyse general ledger transactions to ensure appropriate tax treatment at year end.
- Assisting the Senior Financial Accountant with the fixed asset register including processing of additions, disposals, stock takes, and annual valuation processes.
- Contributing to the development and implementation of the departmental accounting systems, policies and procedures and ensuring compliance with internal policies.
- Liaising with operational staff on the financial aspects of the establishment, implementation and close out of projects
- Training and advising staff across NQBP, on how to improve the quality and timeliness of information in NQBP's financial systems
Role behaviour expectations
Supervisor/professional contributor behaviour expectations
- Displays interpersonal communication
- Supports strategic objectives
- Displays personal effectiveness
- Achieves results
- Displays teamwork and collaboration
- Customer oriented
- Focuses on quality and attention to detail
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting together with professional membership of either CPA or Institute of Chartered Accountants
- Strong knowledge of Australian Accounting Standards and tax legislation
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office Suite
- Sound experience in general ledger applications such as Navision
- Experience in project accounting and reporting
- Strong experience in a commercial finance team as an accountant and / or auditor
- Ability to proactively participate in a team environment, whilst having the ability to work unsupervised as required
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders
Refer to behaviour expectations as required above.
The details contained in this document are an accurate statement of the duties, accountabilities and other requirements of the role.