| Title: Senior Manager Safety (fixed contract)|| |
| Doc. no. || E19/07048 || Review date||March 2019 |
| Role no. || NQBP || Location ||Mackay|
| Role type ||Contract || Role profile || Manager|
Applications close 9am, Monday 29 April 2019.
Apply on Seek
To develop and implement a detailed strategic safety management plan to create a strong NQBP safety system, and positively drive a proactive (generative) safety culture across the business.
This role reports to the General Manager Trade and Operations and manages the Health and Safety Manager.
All roles at NQBP are accountable to:
- Contribute fully to the long term sustainable development and success of NQBP
- Act with integrity and honesty, upholding the NQBP Values and professional image of NQBP
- Foster relationships, support a team culture, promote knowledge and skill sharing and appreciate diversity
- At all times adhere to the obligations required under NQBP’s policies, including environment and safety policies and relevant legislation.
Your core role accountabilities are:
- Driving the development and implementation of a strategic safety management plan to advance NQBP’s Safety Culture.
- Leading the safety team to embed a proactive safety culture by developing safety frameworks and driving projects that support this.
- Overseeing NQBP’s safety responses.
- Designing and implementing safety systems in the pursuit of best practice safety standards at NQBP relating to hazards faced by employees, contractors, port users and the public.
- Actively promoting and implementing innovation, incremental improvements in processes and systems, and the implementation of appropriate technology.
Role behaviour expectations
Supervisor/professional contributor behaviour expectations
- Displays interpersonal communication
- Supports strategic objectives
- Displays personal effectiveness
- Achieves results
- Displays teamwork and collaboration
- Customer oriented
- Focuses on quality and attention to detail
- Displays Behavioural Flexibility
- Displays an ‘entrepreneurial’ orientation
- Manages performance
- Develops Staff
- Exhibits Business Acumen
- Displays system and strategic thinking
Statement of duties
Following is a summary of key tasks to be performed:
- Manage team members by ensuring they receive regular performance feedback, coaching, and support to achieve their accountabilities and career development plans.
- Actively contribute to the integration of safety, security, risk management, and sustainability frameworks across the business.
- Developing relationships with customers, Government and other stakeholders to strategically coordinate and promote NQBP and its ports.
- Overseeing the safety compliance and assisting in the management of NQBP contractors
- As a member of the Leadership Team, identify changes in the business environment that may generate new risks or require a change to safety and risk rankings or controls.
- Undertaking project evaluations and preparing Board and Shareholder submissions and safety assessments, to permit NQBP’s Board and, where appropriate, NQBP’s Shareholders and users, to make an informed decision.
- Strive to extend and improve organisational performance and identify opportunities to continually work in partnership with other sections across the organisation.
Knowledge, experience and skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Workplace Health and Safety, and/or other relevant tertiary qualifications from a recognised tertiary institution.
- Current Class C drivers’ licence
- Experience at a senior management level developing and implement a strategic safety management plan to improve culture;
- Proven capability in leading the development of safety frameworks and reporting systems and driving projects that support the implementation of these.
- Excellent written skills with the ability to influence and engage stakeholders at all levels of the business and positively drive changes.
- Significant working knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations regarding WHS matters in Australia across various disciplines
- Experience providing leadership and supervision across the organisation to influence a diverse group of multi-disciplined workers in order to motivate, develop, empower and coach workers to excellence in work performance.
- Extensive experience applying strategic, innovative thinking to develop options, critically evaluate alternatives and implement integrated and equitable solutions to complex workplace issues / projects.
- Extensive experience providing strategic advice and establishing and maintaining effective relationships with a diverse range of clients and stakeholders, with the ability to negotiate outcomes.
Refer to behaviour expectations as required above.
The details contained in this document are an accurate statement of the duties, accountabilities and other requirements of the role.