In September 2020 we announced a $17 million package of infrastructure works for the Port of Mackay. Stay up to date with news from each project here on via our social media accounts.
Note: This page is best viewed landscape if accessed via mobile.
Port of Mackay Projects
|Project||Overview||Status and key dates|
Wharf 4 eastern access deck upgrade
- Upgrade the Wharf 4 Eastern access deck to a custom steel deck increasing its width and capacity to accommodate over mass RoRo cargoes.
- This investment will improve NQBP’s RoRo trade capabilities and create opportunities for trade diversification by enabling heavier and wider cargoes through the port.
Tender awarded - works underway
Wharf 1 upgrade
- This investment will improve infrastructure capability to handle extra-long (85m to 95m) cargoes to attract new trade opportunities and diversify.
- The construction works will involve extension of Wharf 1 access bridge to enable trade of longer breakbulk material, for example rail projects.
|Tender awarded - works underway |
- Stabilisation works on a deteriorated sheet pile wall within the port area to improve safety.
- The sheet piling were remnants from an old temporary dry dock built for the construction of the Hay Point Jetty in 1973.
- The works will involve placement of 15,000 tonnes of rock material sourced from local quarries to form a new revetment structure.
|Tender awarded - works underway|
- Essential maintenance dredging at the Port of Mackay in early December 2020.
- Maintenance dredging ensures efficient, navigable shipping depths for port users.
New tug berth facility
- Construction of a new purpose-built, tug facility inside the port for its critical towage operation.
- The facility will cater for the current fleet requirements and support future expansion.
|Tenders closed - evaluation underway|
Mackay Port Project Map
Port of Hay Point Projects
Port of Hay Point – Administration building refurbishment
- Essential refurbishment and upgrade of the interior fit outs and utilities of the building.
- The refurbishment and upgrade works will extend the usable life and cater for continued operation and usage of the building.
|Tender awarded - works underway. |
Port of Abbot Point / Bowen Wharf
Bowen Wharf Repair Project
- The project will include the repair or replacement of some of the Wharf’s timber members.
- Repair works will ensure the 150-year-old Wharf remains available to the public and continues to provide temporary towage infrastructure for Abbot Point’s towage operations.
- NQBP appreciates the Wharf is popular for recreational activities such as fishing and will aim to keep some public access throughout the works provided it is safe and practical to do so.
If you've got a question about any of our projects you can email us at email@example.com