Stay up to date with news from each project here or via our social media accounts.
Note: This page is best viewed in landscape mode if accessed via mobile.
Current and recently completed projects at our Ports are listed below.
Port of Mackay Projects
|Rehabilitation of Northern Breakwater|
- 3.5 million in rehabilitation works to the Port of Mackay’s Northern Breakwater.
- This project will ensure the 84-year-old Northern Breakwater can continue to provide protection to the port and major infrastructure assets well into the future.
|Project|| Completed works||Status|
|Nib wall - Southern Breakwater|
- Port Binnli has constructed a nib wall within the Mackay Marina.
|Contact Mackay Marina for further information|
|Water network improvement package|
- Three separate projects aimed at upgrading the Port of Mackay's water infrastructure network.
|Wharf 5 upgrade|
- Demolition and replacement of the western approach deck.
Media release 17 November 2022
Media release 31 May 2022
New tug berth facility
- Construction of a new purpose-built, tug facility inside the port for its critical towage operation.
- The facility will cater for the current fleet requirements and support future expansion.
Media release 24 August 2022
Media release 5 February 2021
Wharf 1 upgrade
- This investment will improve infrastructure capability to handle extra-long (85m to 95m) cargoes to attract new trade opportunities and diversify.
- The construction works will involve extension of Wharf 1 access bridge to enable trade of longer breakbulk material, for example rail projects.
Media release 26 July 2021
Media release 11 December 2020
Wharf 4 eastern access deck upgrade
- Upgrade the Wharf 4 Eastern access deck to a custom steel deck increasing its width and capacity to accommodate over mass RoRo cargoes.
- This investment will improve NQBP’s RoRo trade capabilities and create opportunities for trade diversification by enabling heavier and wider cargoes through the port.
Media release 5 February 2021
Media release 7 September 2020
Port of Hay Point Projects
Port of Hay Point – Administration building refurbishment
- Essential refurbishment and upgrade of the interior fit outs and utilities of the building.
- The refurbishment and upgrade works will extend the usable life and cater for continued operation and usage of the building.
Port of Abbot Point / Bowen Wharf
Bowen Wharf Repair Project
- The project will include the repair or replacement of some of the Wharf’s timber members.
- Repair works will ensure the 150-year-old Wharf remains available to the public and continues to provide temporary towage infrastructure for Abbot Point’s towage operations.
- NQBP appreciates the Wharf is popular for recreational activities such as fishing and will aim to keep some public access throughout the works provided it is safe and practical to do so.
Media release 11 January 2021
Media release 16 August 2021
Port of Weipa
|Detailed site investigations|
- Detailed site investigations underway at Hornibrook Point (Bicentennial Community Park) and the former slipway yard at Evans Landing.
If you've got a question about any of our projects, you can contact us.