In September 2020 we announced a $17 million package of infrastructure works for the Port of Mackay. Stay up to date with news from each project here on via our social media accounts.
Note: This page is best viewed landscape if accessed via mobile.
Port of Mackay Projects
|Project||Overview||Status and key dates|
Wharf 4 eastern access deck upgrade
- Upgrade the Wharf 4 Eastern access deck to a custom steel deck increasing its width and capacity to accommodate over mass RoRo cargoes.
- This investment will improve NQBP’s RoRo trade capabilities and create opportunities for trade diversification by enabling heavier and wider cargoes through the port.
Tender awarded - works underway
Wharf 1 upgrade
- This investment will improve infrastructure capability to handle extra-long (85m to 95m) cargoes to attract new trade opportunities and diversify.
- The construction works will involve extension of Wharf 1 access bridge to enable trade of longer breakbulk material, for example rail projects.
|Tender awarded - works underway |
- Stabilisation works on a deteriorated sheet pile wall within the port area to improve safety.
- The sheet piling were remnants from an old temporary dry dock built for the construction of the Hay Point Jetty in 1973.
- The works will involve placement of 15,000 tonnes of rock material sourced from local quarries to form a new revetment structure.
|Tender awarded - works underway|
|Maintenance Dredging |
- Essential maintenance dredging is planned for up to 14 days at the Port of Mackay in early December 2020.
- Maintenance dredging ensures efficient, navigable shipping depths for port users.
|Works to begin early December|
New tug berth facility
- Construction of a new purpose-built, tug facility inside the port for its critical towage operation.
- The facility will cater for the current fleet requirements and support future expansion.
|Tender advertised closes 27 November 2020|
Port of Hay Point Projects
Port of Hay Point – Administration building refurbishment
- Essential refurbishment and upgrade of the interior fit outs and utilities of the building.
- The refurbishment and upgrade works will extend the usable life and cater for continued operation and usage of the building.
|Tenders closed – under assessment|
If you've got a question about any of our projects you can email us at email@example.com